Ten Days In Diapers

A social and private emotional experiment.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Day One: Afternoon

Mental State: Not too bad, actually
Physical State: Tired but otherwise normal
# Diapers Used: 4

As noted in my last post, I put on my first diaper around 7:30pm yesterday evening. It was bulky and awkward compared to normal underwear, but still fit comfortably under a pair of denim shorts. Because I was meeting a friend for dinner, I also wore two shirts: one on the outside, and a light cotton t-shirt tucked into the shorts to help minimize the rattle of the diaper.

Before I could leave the house, a neighbor stopped by to ask a favor. I accompanied him out into the yard where we talked for a few minutes. I honestly don't think he suspected anything. At least, he didn't seem to.

After he left, I put an extra diaper under the front seat of my car and drove to the restaurant. Dinner was as normal as the conversation I had with the neighbor. It was a noisy restaurant, too, which meant I was not at all worried about being "heard."

After dinner, my friend and I parted ways and I went to the local Walmart for some groceries. While shopping, I felt the urge to "go" (probably due to the four or five ice waters I'd had at dinner), and there in the frozen foods section, I wet my diaper for the first time. I was more nervous than I thought I'd be. "What if it sprung a leak?" I thought. "What if I wet more than the diaper could hold?" "What if someone could hear/see/smell what was going on?"

As it turned out, I didn't need to worry. Although I wet a lot, the diaper didn't leak. It did get a bit more bulky, and made walking feel...um... interesting, but otherwise everything was relatively normal. The warmth and dampness were somewhat discomforting, but not unbearable. Even when I got back out to my car and sat down, there were still no leaks. Whew.

I wet again while sitting at a stoplight which made the diaper even more soggy, and, once home, I decided that it had pretty much reached its maximum level of absorption. I changed into a clean diaper and spent the rest of the evening lounging in just that and a t-shirt.

Sleep was fitful at best, despite having taken an OTC sleeping pill. I wet through another diaper by 1am, then woke again around 6am to another round of wetting. After that soaking (still without leaks!), I spent an hour or so sans diaper, then put on a new one and went back to bed. The most recent diaper lasted until around 11:30am, when I showered, changed, and began writing.

Now I'm off to do some work in public and am a bit nervous...

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home