Ten Days In Diapers

A social and private emotional experiment.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Day One: Night

Mental State: Ready to relax!
Physical State: Pretty good, though a bit chafed in the crotch
# Diapers Used: 6


Well, it's sort of "day two." Since I only started wearing diapers yesterday evening, it's really just the beginning of my second 24 hours.

Today was busy, busy, busy with lots of small work appointments. It was also hot. Driving around town, I could feel the sweat soaking into the back of my shirt and even being absorbed by my diaper. It didn't feel as full as when I wet (obviously), but it definitely made for some less-than-comfortable driving.

Tonight I attended a dinner for a couple that I know and it was there that I cheated the experiment a little bit. Like I mentioned before, it was very hot today so I downed several ice waters while waiting for all the guests to arrive. About the time our entrees arrived, I had to pee Very Badly. I knew it would be a lot, and so decided--for the sake of my friends and their guests, to say nothing of my own personal self-worth--to excuse myself to the toilet rather than risk any large-scale leaks.

After leaving the restaurant, though, I have resumed the experiment as usual.


At this point, I am beginning to understand why incontinence keeps so many people out of public life. It's not the wetting, usually, but the Fear of Wetting--especially around those you know well. For me, I don't really mind too much if I get a spot on the back of my shorts at the gas station--but at a nice dinner with friends. Well, you see what card I played then...

I am also beginning to notice the first physical signs of prolonged diaper use: chafing and a slight rash. You can bet that I'll be making extensive use of the oil, Desitin, and/or powder tonight. Ouch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home