Ten Days In Diapers

A social and private emotional experiment.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Day Three: Night

Mental: Feelin' good!
Physical: Slight headache, but otherwise good.
# Diapers Used: 16*

Again, I took a few hours off from the experiment to meet my family for Father's Day celebrations. I knew that I'd be helping my dad hook up some electronics, which meant that I'd be bending over a lot, showing off whatever undergarments I might wear. Not much of a choice, there. But now I'm back home, taped up, and ready to go on.

No new surprises or revelations at this point, except to say that sleeping in diapers officially sucks. They're hot and tend to pinch and rub in all the wrong places, to say nothing of the added "sensation" of being damp for several hours at a time. (See the first post's rules on changing.)

The Abena diapers are due to arrive the first part of the week and I have to admit that I'm looking forward to that. Don't get me wrong, the Meijer diapers have certainly exceded my expectations--not a single leak, broken tape, torn cover, etc.--but I'm hoping the Abenas will prove to be more effective at wicking away moisture.


*At this point, I feel I might be able to estimate the financial aspects of diaper wearing.

In three days, I have used 16 diapers. That's 5.3 diapers/day. We'll round up to 6 because I've had to take a few hours off and/or avoid using the diaper here and there.

These particular diapers cost $0.52 each.

So, 6 x .52 = $3.12 / day

Assuming that rate stays fairly constant, $3.12 x 30 = about $93.60 per month and $3.12 x 365 = $1,138.80 per year. Yikes. That doesn't even include powder, oil, or even trash bags to throw the damn things away.

That's a lot of money to spend on underwear in 12 months...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home