Ten Days In Diapers

A social and private emotional experiment.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Day Five: Night

Well, the Abena diapers came today; I'm wearing my first one now. While I can't yet vouch for their ultra-absorbency, I can tell you that they are both VERY thick and pretty quiet compared to the Meijer diapers I have been wearing.

The thickness is a double-edged sword, I think. It means that they must be at least somewhat more absorbent than the other diapers, but at the same time it makes walking, sitting, and everything else considerably more awkward. Also, they are not very concelable. I'm wearing a pretty roomy pair of shorts over them, and even then they're not well-hidden. Forget about wearing jeans or khakis--there's just no way they'd fit underneath, especially when wet. Funny, but a lot of the padding seems to be concentrated up front. I would think that--especially if one was wearing them at night--it would be more advantageous to have the padding in the back/butt of the diaper.

The quietness is good--I no longer sound like a walking roll of Saran wrap--but again, without being able to conceal them, there isn't much point. Oh well.

Additionally, they don't seem to be as good at trapping/masking odor as the other diapers.
I won't go into too much detail, but suffice it to say that I'm well aware that my diaper isn't 100% dry.

Quibbles aside, I think these will nonetheless make for good "overnight" diapers. I feel very secure when it comes to leaks.


Not much else to report, tonight. I worked at home all day, though I did run some errands in the late morning/afternoon. I wore a t-shirt, shorts, and Meijer diapers (the Abenas didn't come until later in the day) and have to admit feeling less self-conscious than in the past few days. I don't know how obvious it was to anyone else, but I really didn't care if they knew I was diapered or not. Either I'm getting braver, or I just knew that 99% of the people I saw today would never see me again, either.

Well, I'm going to go blow off a little steam then head for bed. We'll see how things look around 5-6am when my first change usually becomes necessary.

TTFN,
TDID

;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home